Brighton and Hove Frontrunners would not want anybody suffering significant financial hardship, to be prevented from participating in running. To reduce the likelihood of this, a limited hardship fund has been established, in order to cover the costs of such items as membership fees, race fees and Brighton and Hove Frontrunners merchandise. The fund can be accessed by approaching the Welfare Officer in confidence. One of the co-chairs, treasurer and welfare officer will jointly make a decision by reviewing each case in the following areas:
• The runner’s financial circumstances (e.g. low income, student, unemployed, or on benefits due to disability or health)
• The runners’ contribution of time and effort to the club and raising a positive profile of BHFR
• How the runner can give or has given back in other ways to the local running community.
• Successful applications are dependent on there being sufficient funds available.
• Applications have no upper limit but are influenced by funds available in the club and the reason for application
Repeated applications in a short time period (6 months or less), may be turned down unless personal circumstances have considerably deteriorated.
The decision made by the committee is final. BHFR reserves the right to distribute any funds as deemed appropriate. Appeals are not possible.
For more information on this please contact the committee welfare officers in confidence or by email via the contact us page